January 31, 2007

It's FINALLY Finished!!!

What began as an after Christmas project has turned into a Valentine's gift. Our bathroom remodel is finallly finished. It was a combined effort with Tony doing the sheetrock, tile, plumbing, countertop and trim and Leslie doing the tape/bed, texture, paint, and grout (and I might add a lot of clean up in between). We have just finished moving everything back into the room and now we can focus on picking up all of the tools so that Jake can start crawling freely around the house again. Here are some pic's from the project:


Before: The tile ran from behind the toilet into the tub and all the way down the opposite wall.

The demo was the most fun, but scary because it smelled really bad!

As witnessed by the extra large DQ cup there were many fast food evenings in our house while the project was under way. I couldn't handle a messy kitchen & bathroom at the same time.

Tony has really gotten good at tile work. He even made a really nice pattern about 2/3 of the way up. It sounded easy when we came up with the idea, but as most things do it took longer than expected.

It's hard to tell but the new color is Manatesse Grey. We had to change the khaki wall color or we would have had to stick a warning label on the door because there was just too much brown.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new bathroom. I just hope the cleaning ladies can get the tub cleaner than I have been able to manage. They usually do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charla (SHar-la) said...

Leslie,

It is BEAUTIFUL! I am SO impressed by your handiwork; both of you! Richard and I have done most of the remodeling in our house ourselves, as well and I totally understand the frustrations, time, money and many, many fast food dinners! BUT, in the end, it's all worth it...as evidenced by your gorgeous bathroom! Is it the guest or master?

8:31 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Charla (SHar-la) said...

I just noticed the picture on the bathroom countertop when I looked at the pics again...that's exactly where mine is, too! Ha!

8:33 PM, January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you guys come to my house and do some painting in the kitchen. i can't seem to find a good handyman. "lolli".

9:30 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Guess I'm a little late on this post...

...but WHOA! It looks GREAT! I had no idea the project was so ambitious. I seriously can't believe the difference. It's awesome. Way to go Raders!

8:30 PM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home