August 02, 2007

Have You Ever Felt Like Job???

I really hadn't until recently and maybe it's because we're studying this book in our Sunday School class. So, here's a run down of our summer:

  1. leak in roof creates hole in ceiling, luckily this happened over the patio (roof repaired ceiling not)
  2. outside a/c unit goes out (inside went out last spring)
  3. have to have wisdom toothe removed... yuck!!
  4. Jake running high fever rush to ER, en route have blow out causing damage to vehicle, Jake had 2 ear infections but is now back to 100%
  5. have to have cavaties filled
  6. now have serious case of poison ivy covering much of body and almost all of face, hence no picture for this posting
  7. obviously no vacation as financial crisis in area of house and vehicle

I know that these really don't compare to the trials that Job faced as he proved his devotion to God, but like I said I really did see some correlation. As we have joined a new Sunday School class and have been meeting with this great group of people for bible study on Wednesday nights we truly have grown closer to God. I know that he will not put anything in our path that we can not face, and I have to add that both mine and Tony's jobs are great right now, Jake is a joy and blessing, and we have a beautful home, and two working vehicles.

I know I don't normally include "deep thoughts" on the blog and if this scares any one of my six devoted readers away please let me know and I'll try to curb my free flowing thought postings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yep, scared here...Just kidding! But only the Raders can have all these things happen and come out of it all with a smile on their faces (albeit, their faces might be puffy from wisdom teeth removal, or covered in poison ivy)!!!

Give the Snake some love from me - miss you guys!

11:31 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, the well known Phillipians 4:13! Little did we know "all" the "things" Christ had in mind!! Sorry to hear about all your speedbumps, but it's great to know that you have a sense of humor about it - you've got to!! And God will always give you the strength to cope when the humor fades.

Glad to hear that Jake is feeling better, too!! Love y'all!

12:51 PM, August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home