March 24, 2008

Nesting

This disclaimer should be given to couples who are toying with the idea of having children:

Warning! Fathers, be aware that your wife will agonize over shelf/cabinet organization, bed linens, lamps, rugs and attempt to have you purchase new carpet, blinds, couches, or anything else that she might think a brand new baby will need in your home.

In the last month I have had a serious case of "nesting." The new couches, blinds, floor lamp, and shelving system look great. The new carpet will be installed on Wednesday. I can't wait. I want to take the day off just so I can start re-organizing closets as soon as it's finished. Please do not stop by this week as I will be checking and re-checking to make sure everything is "in place."

I know this is completely irrational due to the fact that I will be home for 4 months after Luke is born and will be dying for something to do, but I can't help myself. Only 3 more weeks until d-day!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Leslie, I feel your pain. I was trying to unload the dishwasher yesterday, but I couldn't put anything away without clearing out that entire cabinet/drawer, scrubbing it with soft scrub, then reloading/reorganizing it at the same time. I have steam-cleaned the floors 3 times in the last week. And I feel like I'm going crazy because I have so, so much more cleaning and organizing that I want to do. Of course none of it will actually affect Hannah. Ugh! Not too much longer.

6:40 AM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

please come nest at my house - my ankles are now the size of grapefruits!! :) seriously though, you've gotta come by and see what we've gone...the gameroom is ready for all the toys and gadgets that accompany babies. stephen even mounted all electronics on the wall above the tv! and the nursery...well it's coming along, too. i smile every time i walk in there! love ya!

5:06 AM, March 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home