April 08, 2008

Ready and Waiting

Yesterday at school I was having some pretty intense lower back pain and then I started having what felt like contractions. I timed them and sure enough they were five minutes apart. I got a concensus from all the mom's down the hallway and everyone thought I was in labor so I headed to the office to start making phone calls.

Granny and Jake drove me to Baylor and Tony met us there. I was hooked up to all the computers and they determined that I was in labor but it was still early in the game. I had progressed since my appointment on Friday but apparently not enough. So we were sent home after about an hour.

We were sure something would happen last night but alas here I am getting ready for work. I'm afraid that if I stayed home today I would just sit on the couch and stare at my belly so I'm headed to work to hopefully walk myself into full labor. As my friend Wendy said, "A watched pot never boils." I'll keep you updated :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I'll be waiting for you both in the waiting room with a huge cigar for Tony. (You don't want one, do you, Leslie?)

8:51 AM, April 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home