June 27, 2008

Kaufman

Our weekly copy of the Kaufman Herald arrived yesterday and I couldn't help feeling amused when I saw an advertisment created by the economic development committee. I really am grateful for their efforts in trying to attract new business and families to our fair town, but I think they might be stretching the facts a little with this advertisment. I'll list the items that were in the ad:

- Best School System in the County (?- Forney, Crandall???)
- State of the Art Business Park (?- Yes, with 1 building in it)
- Lake Ray Hubbard to the Northwest (?-I googled, It's 46.8 miles away)
- Cedar Creek to the Southest (I'll give them that one)
- Turn of the Century Town Square (not sure what that means but ours needs TLC)
- Largest Hospital in County (true!)
- Surronded by Golf Courses (None of which are actually in Kaufman)
- Home of TVCC Nursing College (true!)

Again, love this town and plan on staying. I'll try to come up with some ideas that are a little more realistic and post them soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Whoever wrote this ad must also like the George Strait song "Ocean Front Property." :)

9:58 AM, July 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home