August 23, 2009

School Time

As I prepare for school to start next week I want to revisit a quote that inspires me everyday in the classroom. Enjoy

"I've come to a frightening conclulsion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It's my personal approach that creates the climate. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or deescalated and a child humanized or dehumanized."
- Haim Ginott

God has given me an awesome gift to work with children every day. I will rely on him to give me the strength to do it well. Here are some pictures of my classroom. For all of my friends that teach high school.... this is the reason I'm up there all summer. Also, Thanks Thanks Thanks to Laura for coming up Wednesday night and working in my room unitl 9:00. Your creativity is priceless!!

(For those that don't know...every year you have to completely take down your room, store everything, put the furniture in the middle and then come back all summer after the room has been cleaned to put it all back together again)



Math supplies, games, lockers


Classroom library, supplies, class store, discipline chart


Student computers, calendar, math skills


Rocking chair for teaching whole group, table for reading, my desk


Sign for the hallway. We have a Rock n' Roll theme this year (again THANKS to Laura for all your help!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home